Migrate your CA IDEAL/DATACOM applications with accuracy and certainty of a successful result
Because of the high degree of automation, the speed and accuracy of the conversion is exceptionally high, ensuring cost efficient and risk free migration projects.
- Close to 100% automatic translation
- Where DATACOM is used with CA Ideal, this can also be automatically converted to an RDBMS of choice
- For online applications CA Ideal is converted to COBOL/CICS
- All CA Ideal reports are converted to standard COBOL syntax that provides functional equivalent results
- Automatically addresses the conversion of intrinsic functions, replacing these with platform independent supported alternatives
- Supports deployment to both EBCDIC and ASCII
- No black boxes or run-time dependencies
- No license or maintenance fees
- Code Conversion
The converted code is delivered entirely as source code with no run-time dependencies helping to ensure no additional costs are incurrent and also ensuring the complete freedom of the system owners to undertake technical developments in any chosen direction independent of third party support.
The converted code can optionally be delivered to execute conversationally or in a restructure designed to execute pseudo-conversationally, adding to the potential choices for deployment of the converted systems allowing them to for example front web interfaces and web services.
- Database Conversion
Ideal is most often found to be associated with a Datacom database. The replacement of Datacom with an open relational DBMS ensures availability of the data and removes the inherent risk associated with a shrinking technology. Replacing Datacom with a relational DBMS also means that once converted the converted programs may be deployed onto distributed platforms.
- Conversion Process
The standard approach entails MigrationWare delivering a conversion service that will require a client (or partner) to deliver the CA Ideal/Datacom code to MigrationWare. This is then converted to a clean compiling COBOL/SQL program. The converted programs are then returned to the customer for subsequent testing and implementation.
MigrationWare would remain active in a support role throughout the testing phase should any issues surface that are related to MigrationWare's conversion service.