Equivalent COBOL code with an exceptionally high degree of accuracy.
The rapid conversion from DYL280 to COBOL takes place with a high degree of automation ensuring cost efficient projects with minimal risk.
- Close to 100 percent automatic translation
- Automatically addresses the conversion of embedded code
- Automatically addresses the conversion of intrinsic functions, replacing these with platform independent supported alternatives
- Supports deployment onto both EBCDIC and ASCII environments
- No black boxes or run-time dependencies
- No license or maintenance fees
Once converted the code inherits all the benefits of portability and extendibility provided by COBOL as well as the benefits provided by the well represented body of third party vendors that supply application understanding, productivity and deployment products targeting COBOL applications.
The converted code is delivered entirely in source code with no run-time dependencies reducing additional costs like licensing fees while at the same time providing an open architecture enabling companies to undertake technical developments in any chosen direction independent of third party support.
When MigrationWare performs the conversion service, the DYL280 code is delivered to MigrationWare. The DYL280 applications are automatically converted into clean compiling COBOL applications, which are then returned to the customer for subsequent testing and implementation.
MigrationWare would remain active in a support role throughout the testing phase should any issues surface that are related to MigrationWare's conversion service.